The department consists of oral pathology, oral medicine, and periodontology. The department is responsible for academic activities and clinical training for the 3rd year BDS students, clinical training for internee and providing treatment in outpatient department. Department also providing histopathological reports.
Dr. Md. Ashif Iqbal
Editor in Chief (Online)
Dr. Suraiya Yesmin
Lecturer and OPD consultant
Dr. Nayna Binte Shahabuddin
Dr. Huzzatul Islam Khan
Lecturer (In study leave)
Dr. Huzzatul Islam Khan, a former lecturer, an ex-student of update Dental College in the Department of Oral Pathology and Periodontology. He is now on study leave at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada for his post-graduation degree. Wish his a bright successful future…..
Dr. Huzzatul Islam Khan
Ex-Lecturer (On study leave)
Department deals with:
Academics: (Undergraduate students, 3rd year BDS)
Teaching by conducting lectures, tutorials, histopathology practical classes, items, card finals, ward finals and assessment exams/term finals.
Clinical training for the students.
Internee doctor training.
Providing treatment facilities in out patient’s department (OPD).
Clinical training on Simulation
Update Dental College has a simulation lab for clinical students for the first time in Bangladesh. Clinical students of 3rd phase and final phase are well trained before their clinical OPD placement .
Clinical Training in OPD
Department has well equipped facilities to train 3rd year students clinically with skilled resource manpower.
Department involved in research activity, Scientific seminar, Free Dental Camp, Cultural program,
Study tour etc.
- Karim, F., Sultana, A., Shiekh, H., Iqbal, M. A., Shrestha, P., Rahman, M. T., & Pia, T. T. (2020). Comparison of efficacy of Ledermix and Calcium hydroxide in the management of deep caries. Update Dental College Journal, 10(1), 6-12. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v10i1.46685
- Iqbal, M. A. (2020). Questionnaire to evaluate COVID-19 suspected patient before the dental procedure. Update Dental College Journal, 10(1), 1-2. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v10i1.46683
- Shrestha, P., Iqbal, M. A., Bristy, O., & Shrestha, N. (2020). Significant of Antibiotic prophylaxis for diabetic patients with periodontal disease, 1 hour before phase 1 periodontal therapy. Update Dental College Journal, 10(1), 28-30. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v10i1.46690
- Iqbal, M. A. (2019). ORCID Identification: Importance as an Author. Update Dental College Journal, 9(2), 1-2. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v9i2.43730
- Khan, M. H., Sadia, R., Ema, S., Shahabuddin, N., Rahman, R., & Iqbal, M. A. (2019). Relationship of age with periodontal diseases for males and females in Bangladesh; A hospital registry based cross-sectional observational study. Update Dental College Journal, 9(2), 13-16. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v9i2.43733
- Iqbal, M. A. (2019). Finding reviewer for editorial process: A challenge to resolve. Update Dental College Journal, 9(1), 1-2. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v9i1.41198
- Iqbal, M. A. (2018). Targeting relevant journals for publication a paper. Update Dental College Journal, 8(1), 1-4. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v8i1.38404
- Iqbal, M. A. (2018). A Brief Guideline on Writing Research paper. Update Dental College Journal, 7(2), 1-3. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v7i2.36205
- Khan, M. H., Eka, S., & Iqbal, M. A. (2018). Management of Chronic Gingivitis with localized periodontitis by Nonsurgical (Phase I) Periodontal Therapy- A Case Report. Update Dental College Journal, 7(2), 33-37. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v7i2.36211
- Iqbal, M. A., & Khan, M. H. (2017). Accessing Research Publications; A Brief Guideline on Literature Review. Update Dental College Journal, 7(1), 1-3. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v7i1.33301
- Iqbal, M. A., Quader, S., Mohol, J., & Gupta, S. P. (2016). Corticosteroid in various Oral lesions. Update Dental College Journal, 6(1), 52-58. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v6i1.29221
- Ahmed, S., Khan, M. A., Iqbal, M. A., Hossain, M., Ahmed, S., & Ahmed, S. (2016). Influence of Type 2 Diabetes mellitus on periodontal conditions in a population of Dhaka City. Update Dental College Journal, 6(1), 35-39. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v6i1.29218
- Iqbal, M. A., Mohol, J., Afrin, F., Khaleque, M. A., Johra, F., & Jannat, N. (2016). Prevalence of periodontal diseases among the patient visiting at Periodontology OPD Update Dental College Hospital, Dhaka. Update Dental College Journal, 5(2), 23-29. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v5i2.27265
- Khan, M. A., Rahman, M., Islam, K., Mohsina, N., Iqbal, M. A., & Jahan, M. S. (2015). A comparative study on tissue response under the ridgelap and modified ridgelap pontic. Update Dental College Journal, 5(1), 15-20. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v5i1.25823
- Iqbal, M. A., Mohol, J., Rahman, M. S., & Afrin, F. (2015). Pyogenic granuloma-a 19 months follow up case report. Update Dental College Journal, 5(1), 26-29. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v5i1.25825
- Chowdhurya, T., Rahmanb, D., Jannat, T., Hossaind, M. M., Sultanae, A., Iqbal, M. A., & Noorg, A. (2015). Radiographic position of mental foramen in selected urban population of Bangladesh. Update Dental College Journal, 5(1), 3-9. https://doi.org/10.3329/updcj.v5i1.25820
- Accepted article: Ashif Iqbal , Jesmin Mohol, K M Asrafuzzaman Momin. Symptomatic geographic tongue in a child, Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health, 2020; 49: