State of art clinical facilities:
We have modern state- of _ art buildings alongside more traditional facilities such as clinical skilled laboratory which closely stimulates the real clinical experience and in an invaluable learning facility, helping new students prepare themselves well for patient care in clinics. Our hospital is equipped with over 30 dental chair units, which are distributes to different dental specialties, Each department has its own clinic, stores, staff room and laboratory to increase the efficiency in management of dental patients. An average of 150 patients is treated daily in the respective departments,
We emphasize the development of clinical and communication skills in primary oral healthcare, History taking, patient examination. You will practice communication skills in small groups using role-play with each other and stimulated patients. You will also be given considerable responsibility and will have your own supervised practice to look after. We also have the facilities to ensure quality Clinical training to students from our distinguished clinical expertise,
Our Update Dental College is divided into 8 academic units along their individual clinics Respectively.
- Department of oral Diagnostic Medicine and Radiology: This department has range of diagnostic equipment required for diagnosis of diseases of mouth, jaws and face. In addition to OPG and Cephalostat it has state of art diagnostic equipment like RVG, intra oral camera etc.
- Department of oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: This department is involved in the diagnosis and surgical treatment of congenital and acquired diseases of the teeth, mouth jaws, face and associated structures, The outpatient department has fully equipped — chair, minor operating suite, where oral surgical procedures are carried out under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation. The Department utilizes the specialized operating room suite and inpatient beds in the general hospital for patients requiring general anesthesia.
- Department of oral pathology and Periodontology: This fully equipped department specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the gums and supporting structures of the teeth. The department specialises in advanced treatment Procedures like bone grafting. Additionally, the department utilizes special histopathology and histochemistry techniques for diagnosis of diseases of the mouth jaws and salivary glands. Lt is also involved in the ongoing Oral Cancer Research Project.
- Department of Endodontics Conservative Dentistry : This post graduate training department specialises in the restoration of diseased teeth with the help of the latest restorative materials and Endodontics. The department has a fully fledged, pre clinical laboratory equipped with the latest technology and phantom heads, where preclinical students can have a “feel” of treatment procedures before they are carried out in patients. Lt has an active dental implantology programme in conjunction with the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Department of Prosthetic.
- Department of prosthetic Dentistry : The department specializes in the art and science of providing artificial replacements for teeth, jaws and facial parts, lt has state of the art dental laboratories and ceramic units.
- Department of orthodontia and Dento-facial Orthopedics: This department predominantly deals with the correction of irregularities in the dentition and growth of face. Lt Provides preclinical and clinical training to under graduate students.
- Department of Children and Preventive Dentistry: This department deals with the management of diseases of teeth and mouth in children under one roof, the department provides a comprehensive treatment encompassing various aspects of dentistry and adapting them to suit the needs of children. Several modern preventive dentistry techniques are adapted to offset dental disease in children.
- Department of Dental Public Health: This department is actively involved in the public health education and prevention of dental and oral diseases. It is also involved in epidemiological studies in the adjoining community, Mobile dental clinics are used for educational and treatment needs.