Orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics
Other faculty members:
Dr. Mahabubul Hossain (Tanjib)
Lecturer & Dental surgeon
Dr. Fatema Mazid Kona
At the end of the Undergraduate course, the student will able to:(According to BM&DC New Curriculum)
- Identify and diagnose anomalies of the dentition, occlusion, facial structures and abnormal functional conditions (Orthodontic patients)
- Detect deviations of the development of the dentition, of facial growth, and occurrence of functional abnormalities
- Identify pernicious oral habits that may lead to malocclusion.
- Conduct interceptive orthodontic measures
- Evaluate need for orthodontic treatment
- Formulate a treatment plan for simple type of malocclusions and execute
- Design, plan & fabricate simple universal type of Orthodontic treatment procedures(Hawley type appliances) insert and activate.
- Design, plan &fabricate functional appliance & insert, learn how to activate.
- Describe basic concept of fixed orthodontic appliance.
- Advice & aware the patients to take specialized Orthodontic consultation & refer when necessary.